Friday, October 21, 2011

Scrivener: NaNoWriMo 2011 Special Trial Edition

Scrivener is an acclaimed writing software for writers of all kinds. Now that they are offering a free trial for NaNoWriMo, I couldn't help but download and install it on my computer. If you are interested in participating in NaNoWriMo this year, I highly recommend you try Scrivener for yourself.


They even have a preset template for your NaNoWriMo novel that you can access when you start a new project.


This is the first year I'm doing NaNoWriMo. I'm a little nervous about the challenge, but am glad I have a tool like this that can help me out.

Have you done NaNoWriMo before? Are you doing it this year? Are you going to use Scrivener?

7 comments:

  1. Miri Gifford ShortenOctober 24, 2011 at 9:26 AM

    I'd never heard of this before a couple years ago and I think it sounds so cool! I sort of want to do it, but I have never been successful in writing anything more than a couple pages long so I haven't bothered yet. I think Mike tried it last year, too, but he didn't finish. Are you going to share what you write when you're done with it? I'd definitely read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't imagine trying to write that much... but I'd love to read anything you write!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miri- Thank you! I would want to get it edited and everything first. I am self-conscious about my writing, and would want to get a couple drafts finished first. This will be good for me to just do a mind purge and throw up my novel all at once for a first draft! :D 

    If you decide to join in let me know. Also, they do camp NaNoWriMo on other months, but November is the big one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everett- I almost can't imagine writing all that much in one month either! And thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Miri- Actually, come to think of it, it would be a great idea to share a short excerpt from my daily writing... Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have done NaNoWriMo for a number of years. Each year is a completely different experience, but it's all good fun. You definitely need to polish it up before you release to someone  else to read, without a shadow of a doubt.
    The thing about NaNo is that it's 30 days of 'free-writing' or 'literary abandon', as they all it. Sometimes it just doesn't make sense, and sometimes you can polish it into a real gem.
    This year I am doing something slightly different - http://parchmentplace.wordpress.com/2011/10/20/international-novel-writing-month/ 

    ReplyDelete
  7. Leigh- Good to see a NaNoWriMo veteran! Thanks for the advice. It is hard for me to write without wanting to edit as I go along, I need to restrain myself during NaNoWriMo. 

    I'll check out your link.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment.

Subscribe by Email

Netgalley Badges

Professional Reader Frequently Auto-Approved